Extinct advanced alien civilisation
An expanding sun
- The Labrador government has awarded a contract for the creation of the first space station in Escheria.
- The extinct civilisation left working artefacts behind.
- An isolated battle station from the war that destroyed the old civilisation was discovered in the slipstream and was brought back.
- The returned military unit has forcefully retaken Escheria and destroyed the nascent Labradorian station.
- Once the hope for a group of colonists, the civilian government never showed up and left the military in charge. Things haven't changed.
- Sends agents throughout the cluster.
Central democratic government
Centre of the universe
- All the fun happens here. This is a liberal capitalist paradise.
- They're none too pleased with the return of the Escherian military.
Made in Harkon
- Factories as far as the eye can see, which is not far because of all the smog.
- The recently-deceased father of two characters, Valen Oh and Dalton Saltonstall, has stashed hundreds of locked crates all across the planet. We still don't know what's in them.
Blessed be the One
- The religious orders of Kanus have reached out to Informer (a.k.a., The Lady) as the symbol of hope for people afflicted with The Disease.
It stirs in the darkness
Get rich or die tryin’
- The only other survivor of The Disease lives here. He's known as The Man, cured after The Lady.
- The thing that stirred in the darkness was the Escherian battle station, trapped in the slipstream for millennia.